Friday, February 11, 2011

Stroller Heck

Yesterday I got a call from Tomorrowland Attraction Scheduling. The conversation happened as followed:
Scheduler: Nic?
    Me: Yes?
    Scheduler: This is __________ from Tomorrowland. I have two times you could work tomorrow; 2:00 to 7:00 or 2:00 to 9:00. Which wold you prefer?
    Me: I'll do the 2:00 to 9:00.
    Scheduler: Wonderful. See you tomorrow at 2:00.
    Me: Thanks!
I hung up the phone and wrote down my work times on a sticky note so I would not forget.

Well... when I'm sitting at the bus stop at 1:00 I get a call from the scheduler asking why I'm not at work. She said she told me to be there at 12:30. I disagreed with her, but could tell she was convinced that she said 12:30. Once I arrived at work, not 1 hour and 35 minuets late, the Lead of Finding Nemo (which is kind of like a shift leader) suggested I talk to one of the Tomorrowland Stage Managers (which is a normal manager) so I did not get penalized from being late. Needless to say, my manager was completely understanding and said she would adjust the time so I did not come in late and would not get points on my record. Phew, glad that is settled and glad the managers are there to help the Cast Members.

Ok, so once I was at work I was placed at greeting people that come in the line. Basically I check people's height, tell them how long the line is, send them in to the correct line (handicap line, normal line, reentry line), and tell them to park their strollers before getting in line. There are always at least two people doing this job. The other person has to park and rearrange strollers, which is harder than you think. People just stick them anywhere. Here is a bad example of stroller parking:
Mess mess mess

You have to constantly move people's strollers into a straight line so it does not cause traffic jams and they all can fit. It's pretty funny when people have to search for their stuff when they come out because I moved it around. Here is an example of good parking:
See how they are in a straight line
What I did learn today is that three wheeled strollers are horrible. They only move in a 2 directions instead of every direction like other strollers. For people with small children: DO NOT BUY A THREE WHEELED STROLLER!




No comments:

Post a Comment