Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hooray for Hollywood

Today was a true adventure day! Jase and I explored all over the city because we both had the day off! Here is everything we did:
The Santa Monica Pier
  • We went to the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach. The Pier was like the one on RocketPower, it has a theme park on it! The beach was filled with all sort of people; hippies, body builders, old people, fat people, people working out, everyone. There is a section where there that is similar to a craft sale, you could buy paintings, jewelry, get your palm read, and stuff like that. I felt like Olivia Newton-John was going to come out singing "I'm Alive" from Xanadu. You could also buy weed from random people standing on the beach if you had a "medical ID" for it. Just seems fishy.

  • Next we headed to Griffith Park. To get there we had to pass through the tunnel that was used in Back to the Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Marissa's death scene from The O.C. 
The tunnel as seen in Back to the Future

  • We walked over to Griffith Observatory. It over looks all of LA including downtown and the Hollywood hills. It was a great view of everything. FUN FACT: Griffith Observatory was seen in the following movies: The Terminator, The Rocketeer, The End of Violence, Midnight Madness, Bowfinger, Charlie's Angels, Flesh Gordon, House on Haunted Hill, Transformers, Yes Man, and many more.
The Griffith Observatory
The Hollywood sign from the Observatory

  • From there we headed over to Hollywood Boulevard. Here I saw things like the Graiman's Chinese Theatre. Some of the footprints in the cement are as old as 1927! It makes me think of that episode of I Love Lucy when she stole John Wayne's hands and feet print.
John Wayne on I Love Lucy

Graiman's Chinese Theatre

  • Here is the Kodak Theatre, home of the Academy Awards. FUN FACT: The folks that designed the Kodak Theatre also designed RiverCenter for the Performing Arts in Columbus, Ga.

Home of the Academy Awards

  • I also got excited to find Mickey Mouse's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Mickey Mouse's star

  • One thing I was not happy to see in Hollywood was a store that only sold Shape-ups. As I have always said, Shape-ups should not be worn in public. Please don't ever let me catch you wearing them.
Shape-ups store. Barf.

Tomorrow we meet the rest of our roommates. So look forward to that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you get me one of every style of "Shape-Ups" pleaseee?! I'll wire you some money.
I just think they are so fashionable and trendy PLUS they will tone my butttt up real nice ;)

Best,
Dr. Walden, Ph.D.

Unknown said...

PS- when I posted that comment I had to do the "captcha" thing to verify that I am indeed human (I'm actually kind of questioning that too so no wonder the internet/computers in general/your blog specifically question me also) and it had a little handicap sign beside it in case I needed help to do it :)

Post a Comment