I have a great trainer named Frank for the
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Frank has worked for the company in the 60s through the mid 70s then went on to be a professional musical theatre musician. After he retired he came back to do what he loves; making people happy at Disneyland. I met with him this morning around 7:00am. We arrived early before the park opened so he could teach me how to do the opening check list for the attraction. It was pretty cool because I get to see behind the scenes of how the attraction is built. I know so many secrets now some people would die to know.
Anyway, I started to go over how to drive the subs. It's much more completed than you would expect. They say
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is one of the hardest attractions to learn at Disneyland because of this reason. It's important to know how to speed it up and down so you keep the show elements consistent and you don't hit other boats. Not only will I be driving around million of dollars worth of equipment, I am also responsible for the safety of the guests and fellow cast members. Safety is Disney's most important key to success. Tomorrow Frank will actually let me practice driving before the park opens. I must say I'm a little nervous. When I'm not driving, I'll be loading and unloading guest. I like this because I can say silly things like "All aboard Shark Baits!"

After work Jase and I went into Los Angeles to meet his friends for dinner in Little Tokyo. We met in some sort of weird Japanese mall. It was like we entered another world. At dinner I was nervous to try anything so of course I just ordered some white rice. After dinner we left the restaurant and went to an Asian grocery store in the mall called Woori Market. They had all kinds of different foods, mostly noodles. They even some real shark bait. Jase's friends bought some interesting desserts that we tried, one being melon ice cream covered in frozen dough!
Sorry my posts have not been that exciting lately. I'll work on being more interesting. :/
4 comments:
Nic, these all sound great! I am so jealous of you right now! I would kill to work at a Disney location. Do you want to switch? :) I am so glad you are having so much fun outside the drama of Columbus! Love you and miss you! Drinks when we meet again?
Yours always,
Em xxx
Will you be working on other rides? Do they rotate you? What is your work day like? Do you get any breaks? Or time off? We want to know how Disney is treating you. I wrote Samuel French about the rights to the show and how expensive they were and how we were a high school with a limited budget. They then cut the price in half!!
Woo Hoo!!!
Much love
Tammy
Are you kidding about not being interesting?! maggie and i check this blog like hourly to see if youve updated! we eat this up!!! we miss you so much! im glad you are having a good time! LOVE YOU! MEAN IT!
ps, i was at walmart and i walked past some hostess cupcakes and thought of you. . . and for some reason green popped into my mind. . . hmm musta been a fuke. . :)
Bahahahaha... I ordered white rice.
Post a Comment