Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rules of Engagement Taping

For Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So I haven't told a lot of you guys, but I went to an audition for the Aladdin musical that's at California Adventure. The audition was in Hollywood, so I took the bus/train. They were looking for someone who was older and my audition was terrible so I didn't get a call back. However it was good audition experience and now I know how Disney runs their auditions.

After the audition, the College Program got some of us tickets to see a taping of the tv show Rules of Engagement over at the Sony Entertainment Studios . The show stars David Spade and Patrick Warburton. It was cool to see who they actually film the show. We were told to laugh even if we thought it was just a little funny. It's amazing how much they can cram into one of those soundstages.

The episode was shot in order, from beginning to end, and the cast and crew moved across the soundstage as the scenes of the episode moved back and forth along with all of equipment that needed to follow them was astounding.

There was a comedian who was in charge of warming up the audience and keeping them engaged. He was great. He worked the entire crowd, but once he found out we worked at Disneyland he played around with us. When ever there was break in scenes he they would play songs from "Main Street Electrical Parade", Pirates of the Caribbean, Mickey Mouse Club and ask us trivia questions about Disney. He himself was even in a few Disney Channel Original Movies. It was a great day. I want to see more tapings of shows!
This is the comedian entertaining us in front of the Rules of Engagement set.

No comments:

Post a Comment